black/white

Saturday, February 5, 2011

...Walking through the park and reminiscing...

"Here we are at Peter's Doughnuts." Excerpt from Bob and Doug Mckenzie's Great White North album that frequently pops into my head.
Today I celebrated my baby's 4th birthday with my children. I think she had a good time---she got her ears pierced (I had nothing to do with that decision) and got to go to birthday breakfast with me, her sibs, her dad, uncle and paternal g-parents. Tonight she had chocolate cake with mint chip ice cream and went to bed having a tantrum which must mean she was pretty tuckered out. It seems like only yesterday that I was pushing that little bundle of energy out of me (sans epidural all for the experience of knowing that I could.) The first words out of my mouth after she came out were "THAT TOTALLY SUCKED!" I know... so poetic. The scientologists would be disappointed in me for not having a more silent experience. But she was so cute...tons of hair and teeny. She ended up being the smallest of my four which earned her the nickname Pixie-Poo. I do hope and pray that I can be a good mother to her (and the others for that matter.) She is highly sensitive, like me, and sneaky just like her older brother Liam. I swear those two could easily form their own recon outfit. Man, I wish kids came with instruction manuals...

No comments: