black/white

Friday, February 11, 2011

...and when I die I expect to find Him laughing...

I know without a shadow of a doubt that God has a sense of humor. Today I had to go into work later than usual because of Rowan's 9:30 ballet class which meant I stayed later than usual. Today's amusements consisted of me cleaning the Laundry Room and Basement Bathroom and then tending to Wesley. Both of those rooms are portholes into hell covered with black mold, feces, dirt, grime, etc. I prayed before I went to work that the day would go by quickly so I could get to other things to take my mind off the daily horrors. Needless to say, the day dragged. After pulling out the dead washer and dryer I removed as much of the mold off the walls as I could and then cleaned the floors with one of those dual spinny brush power scrubbers from 1963. But that time the floor was covered in mud...the liquid floor cleaner mixed with whatever was already festering there. I wiped up all the gunk and then said 'no more.' Couldn't handle any more yuck. Headed upstairs where more dishes, dirty items and poop on the wall needed tending to. Wesley got home from school and fell asleep before we could tend to his ostomy bag so it gurgled and farted while cleaned up the living room. I didn't throw up today but came close a couple of times. Then FINALLY it was time to go home (yay!) and had my first In-n-Out burger since it came to Northern Utah. Was feeling pretty good and then arrived home to the disaster my children created. No biggie...dinner first, clean later. Hmmm...my fingers were hurting. Fetched the super glue to patch up the cracks in my hands where the skin had split and bled. Then, immediately forgetting that I had glue on my hands, put my finger in my mouth to lick peanut butter off and got SUPER GLUE ON MY TONGUE.

Yes, blogfans, I got super glue on my tongue. Only me, right? It actually came off pretty easily but not before a ran amok for 30 seconds wringing my hands and waggling my tongue like a lunatic. The visual there is just too much for words, I think. The moral of this story is...just when you think your day is crap put some glue on your tongue. It provides much needed distraction and potential entertainment for your loved ones.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Kendall, you are amazing! I wish I had a sense of humor to get through all that. I probably would have just curled up in the fetal position wailing 'WHY, WHY'. Hange in there. I am glad I found your blog-I love reading it!