black/white

Sunday, November 2, 2008

Everyone's heard of "gratitude journals" where you write down everything you're thankful for that day and it's supposed to make you a "gratefuller" person. Oprah Winfrey is a big pusher for gratitude journals and I thought I might take a stab at it even though I think Oprah's long overdue for a large kick in the shorts. Guess I should start with her.

1. I'm thankful that I no longer watch Oprah.
2. Heated seats in the car.
3. Hot Chocolate on cold days.
4. Toilet paper.
5. Insurance.
6. Washers, dryers, dishwashers, microwaves, flat irons, Kitchenaid mixers, Cuisinarts and very sharp knives.
7. Downey fabric softener.
8. Direction from Heavenly Father through the Holy Ghost.
9. Central air.
10. Sweet sisters at church that love and support, that try their very best and teach great lessons.
11. Sound mind/sound body (sort of.)
12. A husband that loves me and tells me I'm beautiful even with my gigantic weight problem.
13. Pianos.
14. Forgiving friends.
15. Second chances.