black/white

Monday, September 15, 2008

Frustration Foam


I had a craft show this weekend and still ended up sunburnt even though I was under an awning the entire time. My feet even ended up with flip flop tan lines. It never ceases to amaze me some of the things people will buy. It never ceases to amaze me what people will make thinking that people will buy. Here, buy a lump of log featuring some kind of perched weed arrangement. No, no! Come over here and buy our "gently used" quilted-hand-me-down-cigarette-smoke-infested LaZboy arm covers. Goes with any decor! One young lady made strange origami cranes out of used notebook paper and was actually surprised when no one bought any. Ummm, hello? I guess you gotta give her points for effort. I think the part I enjoyed the most was watching the people that attended the fair. There was one particular lady that had a stroller containing 2 of her 6 "babies." (That's part chihuahua part yorkie dog- breath yapper dogs to you and me.) This person had chosen to immortalize her "children" in tat form on her back and wheeled around the dogs in their very own pimped out stroller featuring some blingin' 22s. Please allow me to roll my eyes a second time. The worst part of the entire event was the country music played over the loudspeaker. I wouldn't have minded so much if other music was played as well but after 25 renditions of "That's What You Get When You Play a Country Song Backwards" I was startin' to foam at the mouth. Man, I'm glad that's over. I need a break.

1 comment:

Amber Shellabarger said...

But you didn't say how you did? So how did it go as far as bows and flowers?